At Peoples we believe in putting people first, whether that is our customers or our staff. As a Company we want to be the go to Ford Sales and Servicing specialists in Scotland and the North West of England. We aim to continually enhance the customer experience and transform everyday journeys for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced Service Manager to join the Peoples team at our Edinburgh Ford Store.
This is a challenging role which demands excellent organisational and communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail. The Service Manager will be responsible for all operational aspects of the Edinburgh Service Department, including Car Service, CV Service and Fast Fit. The role will ensure daily processes and practices support the Company’s strategy of existing customer retention, attracting new customers and increasing average invoice value.
Reporting to the Director – Customer Service Division, the role will support and drive the Aftersales function in a proactive and strategic manner. Responsibilities will include:-
- Overseeing the performance of the Service (Car and CV) and Fast Fit Departments to ensure performance is maximised.
- Development and management of the existing Service team, ensuring all processes and procedures are measured and monitored and leadership skills are promoted.
- Driving the importance of customer service, ensuring staff provide excellent, consistent, timely and accurate service to every customer.
- Operation of and adherence to all aspects of the Customer Viewpoint Programme (CVP), ensuring that CVP/CSI scores are to a representative standard.
- Management and resolution of any customer complaints, with a focus on ensuring the route cause is identified and plans are put in place to resolve future reoccurrences. Sharing best practice.
- Development and control of the Service Department budget as approved by the Board of Directors.Production of financial reports on the department’s performance in conjunction with Group management controls. Forecasting, monitoring and evaluation of performance against budget, including the preparation of weekly reports.
- Management and development of the customer database.
- Leading the Service Team on a daily basis, ensuring all understand the focus and direction of the department and the strategic priorities.
- Proactively looking at ways to enhance processes and drive business performance.
- Provision of daily, weekly and monthly reporting to senior management.
What you’ll have:
- A full UK driving licence
- A thorough knowledge of Service Management within a volume automotive workshop is essential
- Aftersales experience at Management level is essential.
- The ability to diffuse and resolve conflict, both internally and externally, with customers and external partners to the Company.
- Ability to lead a Service team of circa 30 employees
Rewards and Benefits:
- Salary dependant on experience
- OTE depending on experience
- Company Car