The Used Vehicle Digital Merchandiser is pivotal to ensuring we effectively maximise the saleability of our car stock whilst ensuring standards are maintained. The UVDM will be responsible for ensuring our used vehicle stock in our Scottish and Liverpool dealerships are competitively priced and also presented and described to maximise enquiries, thus increasing sales and stock turn. The role itself will be predominantly based in Edinburgh.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring that all digital vehicle adverts are accurate and of a high quality to maximise interest, promote interaction and increase enquiries and sales.
- Ensuring that consistent high quality images and descriptions of dealership stock are taken to increase the promotion of stock online.
- Interrogation of historic sales data to establish “Ideal stock” and regular monitoring to ensure levels can be achieved.
- Reviews impact stats on the stock on a micro basis, ensuring that amendments are made to image, description or price to maximise offering against the competition.
- Analysing and monitoring stock volumes and translating these into actionable merchandising recommendations to achieve weekly and monthly sales targets.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to promote and maximise stock levels and sales together with CRM to understand impact of the UVDM’s management of the digital stock on digital sales enquiries.
- Building partnerships with our dealership teams including; sales, customer service, marketing and planning to deliver a premium experience for customers.
Key Personal & Professional Skills
- Experience in the automotive industry is essential & knowledge of the Ford brand and product line up is highly desirable.
- In depth experience and understanding of car pricing mechanisms (in particular Autotrader iControl).
- Creativeness in selling the features and benefits of a vehicle via the written presentation of the vehicle as well as the visual presentation of the vehicle.
- Attention to detail, articulate and excellent numeracy skills
Terms and Conditions
Hours:Those necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position.
Remuneration:Dependant on skills and experience. Highly competitive given the role is a unique role.