We are looking for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join the Peoples team at our Bootle Fordstore. In a fast paced environment where the customer always comes first, you will be responsible for carrying out diagnostic work, repairs and servicing of all Vehicles in accordance with the Company and manufacturer’s work specifications, ensuring each customer receives excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Service Manager, responsibilities will include:-
- Carry out diagnosis, repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification.
- Carry out diagnosis of system faults and rectify the faults, including replacing components and returning vehicle systems to manufacturer specification.
- Deliver and maintain high levels of quality and excellent levels of customer service at all times.
- Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others.
- Liaise and seek advice from colleagues and supervisors in situations that are over and above work specified.
- Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road testing vehicles after work has been carried out. Liaise with Workshop Controller and Service Advisor.
We offer continuous development and training in all of our roles and those who wish to develop further will be encouraged to do so and will be afforded access to the Ford Masters training programme.
What you’ll have:
- A full UK driving licence
- A minimum of 3 years’ current experience in a service, maintenance and repair Technician role
- A relevant industry qualification
- Ability to deliver 5 star customer service on every occasion
- Ability to manage your own workload and work well as part of a team
8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, together with a Saturday rota basis.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Salary per annum dependant on experience
- OTE uncapped and Time-saved bonus
- Discounts on company products and services
- Pension scheme
- Ford Approved Training
- Discounted shopping portal on over 1000 retailers
- 30 days annual leave – plus the option to buy additional leave